Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day In


I haven't had a day to myself for a while now. It's either class or work or dissertation woes all round. Today, I have decided to just laze and relax and catch up on all my TV shows and reading and to try and reply all my emails and calls. What can I say, it's been a nice lazy day so far.

I awoke and switched on the TV and Will & Grace was on, so I stayed in bed for a bit. After Scrubs and all finished I finally took the mandatory shower. Then on made myself some breakfast and then read this book which I've had for ages. It's called Change the World 9 to 5. The book features tips and facts on being a bit nicer to other people as well as reducing our carbon footprint. There was a line in the book which read "Know where you lunch is from: The average kiwi fruit uses up 5 times it's weight in greenhouse gasses to make its way to the UK!" That got me hooked on the book and I finished it, its the sort of book that I will pass around to my friends.


Simply brilliant
















This one is called share your lunch.
















I was psyched also by the fact that my graphic novels and DVDs which I had ordered had arrived today despite the damn postal strike in the UK. My Constantine books are simply brilliant and the artwork is so dark and ominous. What a nice day to sit and read. A cup of hot tea, a lit incense some Kings Of Leon, John Mayer and Eric Clapton in the background and a freshly lit cigarette (so very bad, but yet so good).

It's so very imperative that the mood and the vibe be described yet I feel I'm not doing it any justice here. Hmm... Oh well.. The bottom line is I think I wanted to be alone today, it's a nice time to sit in brood contemplating and organizing contemplations. The Constantine books were still really good though.. Have a look..

















































The films that I got were the Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Burn After Reading, both of which I haven't watched. So that will be done in the latter half of the day. I might socialize later tonight in the form of a jam session with Stu and his new synth piano, the past few jam sessions have been very good and thus making it even more anticipatory. Although this time I was going to get my Tele and amp involved in the process. Hmm... again this requires some brain work...

I walked out of my room to get an understanding of the weather and realized it was as bad as I thought it was. It was dark and gloomy and just almost depressing. However, it did fit right into the kind of day that I was in. It was just as dark and ominous as my books and had a very clear 'stay in' message attached to it.


































No comments:

Post a Comment