Saturday, October 3, 2009

BACK TO WORK

I had dreaded today all week, as my one month holiday had ended. I was going back to work. It felt weird at first and everyone was busy as usual but somehow made as much time as possible to come chat with me and it was quite nice catching up with them. Somehow the one month holiday didn't seem like it was that long as I had spent most of the time sorting out my dissertation with the occasional frills. At the top of my head now I can only think of going to Birmingham and The New Forest. Although New Forest is always a very nice place to gather thoughts and at the same time have a mental time out, especially at Baker's.

I went through most of the day in a daze like manner and had just gathered enough
consciousness to get to lunch. Will and I had planned this all day... We were going to head to Chandos at Cabot Circus. This is what I had...
















Baguette with crayfish tails and rocket served with iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes and olives
















Will went for a spinach and mushroom quiche




























After lunch work had become more hospitable and I got back into the flow of things. I think it perhaps just required a certain amount of familiarity to kick start the whole thing. Before I knew I had finished and I was on the way home. Let's face it, it's never nice working on a Saturday but this one was not too bad. The rainy weather certainly wasn't helping things, but I somehow do appreciate and like the rain at times. Especially today. In short first day back wasn't bad at all.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment