Friday, October 2, 2009

TRIBUTE TO THOUGHTS


I have always been drawn to certain ideologies and theories that have somehow captivated my mind since I was a kid. One of the main things that has fascinated me all these years is the yin yang symbol and what it represents. The yin yang symbol stands for the balance of opposites. That is male and female, light and darkness, water and fire. It also encompasses the fact that, regardless of how evil someone is, there is some good in them. Also, on the same token regardless how good someone is there will be some degree of evil lurking in them.

This just to reiterate the fact that we are in fact human and our instinct may be regarded by some as evil (who the hell am I to judge). Anyways, I have to move on to the point of all this. I have always wanted to get 3 tattoos on myself. I have thought about for years. The first one was always going to be an
Arian one (which I got done 6 years ago). It now rests on my right arm and I am very happy I got it.




















For the 2
nd tattoo I have always wanted a yin yang symbol. I have spent a good number of years just trying to figure out which one I wanted with all the ones out there at the moment. Something did catch my eye, oddly enough it was a piece of artwork from one of my favourite bands, Disturbed. This is what it looks like.

















I did like it very much and have wanted for almost 2 years now but something always managed to screw it up. It got to a point where I was so annoyed about not being able to get it done. What was wrong?

My dad passed on when I was really young. I had always wanted some sort of tribute to him. As unlike other kids I did not have a dad growing up. But for the short time he was in our lives, he was a loving husband and father. My mum never remarried although she was widowed when she was quite young. That was the memory and effect that my dad had. I wanted to honour his memory in the form of a
tattoo and I never really knew what to get. Oddly enough, today when I was randomly reading some stuff online (as you do) I discovered that the star sign Libra was almost similar to the yin yang ideology if not one and the same. This just blew my mind away, I have to incorporate some form of a Libra into that tattoo and maybe then it will be what I have been searching for.

Perhaps I will get a variation of the picture above and then incorporate my late father's initials and his birth and death date on the tattoo. This has just opened my mind up so much. I am very excited now on getting this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment